We are Called to Carry
We are called to carry*
Carry one another's burdens
Carry our young ones over the sands the sands pass so swiftly through this hourglass , brief life
We are called
We carry brothers, we carry sisters, We carry nieces, and nephews
Oh, and carry moms and dad's and their hearts
Siblings carry one another, the yesterdays, today, and tomorrows
We find encouragement and perseverance,
and are moved to endure
To produce "hopeful living"
Lighten the load they carry, I plead
Lighten the load I carry
"Come to me" we lean hard on one another
"Come to me" we read
You tired, heavy and weighed down
Come to me we hear , rest and listen -
"I will not tell you to do things that are too difficult. I will not tell you to carry anything that is too heavy for you."*
Carry one another's burdens
We are Called to Carry, Glimpse poetry by Joe Holuta
About this poem: We are Called to Carry is a poem about how we lean in to carry one another's burdens. "We find encouragement through the Scriptures and a call to perseverance that will produce hopeful living." God provides, helps us , and gives peace of mind. Joe Holuta
******
*We are called to carry
We find encouragement through the Scriptures and a call to perseverance that will produce hopeful living.
Romans 15:1,4 voice
**Matthew 11:28-30
EasyEnglish Bible
28 Come to me all of you who are tired. You are like people who have worked for a long time. You are like people who have carried heavy things. Come to me. If you do that, you will find a place to rest. 29 Do what I teach you to do. Listen to my message and learn from me what is true. I am very kind and I do not make myself important. I will help you. Then you will have peace in your mind. 30 I will not tell you to do things that are too difficult. I will not tell you to carry anything that is too heavy for you.’
***Galatians 6:2
Amplified Bible
2 Carry one another’s burdens and in this way you will fulfill the requirements of the law of Christ [that is, the law of Christian love].
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.