Tuesday, July 12, 2022

“… three boys, grandsons…”




Three boys, grandsons 


I recall them interacting together at the beach 

The smiles, laughter,bright eyes

and challenging glances as well. 

Beautiful life, 

The sky is everywhere,

Brothers, cousins, friends…


Clear as the day today, 

I saw them as young adults interacting together, 

A bright summer day, laughing, smiling-strong,

Lighthearted with each other,

about time


I wanted to write these thoughts down, to record them,

so when they do get to be adults 

they can recall, this is us ,

and remember the mercies of God


I was with them talking and loving Life itself

 Thinking back to 

“Let this be recorded for future generations,for posterity, 

Write these things for future generations, so that they will praise the Lord.”


Exact and kind, laugh so funny, details matter,

Observant, humble, humor and considerate,

Thinker, smile ,grateful, 

Actually,

Three boys, three sweet souls,three paths

 to a future together 


Three Boys, Grandsons

Glimpse poetry, by Joe Holuta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steady me

pc emily ann Steady me Kneeling down to hear  A faint and whispered cry  Reaching down and drew me up  Safely on a warm rock  Holding me unt...